Celebrating 25 years of King’s Lynn Capri Club (KLCC)
The King’s Lynn Capri Club held their annual Show & Shine at the North Beach Car Park in the village of Heacham on Sunday 24th July 2016. The club used the event to celebrate the club’s 25th anniversary and to bring as many club members and fellow classic car fans together to celebrate the Capri.
Although the KLCC was founded on a love affair with the Ford Capri, the club celebrates all classic cars and welcomed owners of other makes and models to join them on the day. The event was a relaxed affair where owners were able to meet like-minded enthusiasts, have a brew, swap stories and make new friends whilst taking in a bit of sea air on a day which turned out to be hot and sunny.
Trophies were awarded on the day. Entrant and winners are listed below.
Cars on show were:
- 10 Capris – four 1600cc, four 2.8i and two 3000cc
- 2 Classic Fords – Escort XR3 and Zephyr
- 1 VW Golf Mk.2
Voting for the following classes was by ballot sheet from each exhibitor and club member present:
- Best Capri up to 1600cc
- Best Capri up to 2000cc
- Best Capri up to 3000cc
- Best Classic Ford Vehicle
- Best Vehicle at the Show
Invalid Displayed Gallery
- Mk.1 Capri 1600 GPW 852L – Pete Ward
- Mk.3 Capri 1.6 Laser D52 JMT – Dave Kelsey (There were no 2.0 Capris present)
- Mk.3 Capri 3.0 Ghia GAV 949W – Charley Batchelor
- 1961 Ford Zephyr 548 BXH – Alan Bolt
- Mk.3 Capri 280 E489 YGS – Graham Bolt
Members and guests: